Welcome to SimBasic - a community legacy!

What happened next? Find out in the Greench Farm legacy!

4 couples stranded and founded a new community on Maccaroni Island. Currently the 3rd generation is about to start new families! This is a Sims3 community legacy that has been updated frequently for a full year, and contains about 100 chapters! Late July 2012 it came to an end and a new spin-off legacy focusing on just one of these households will bring the story forward, starting August 15, 2012.

The very first post is here, or use the Blog Archive to look back. Posts describing the project are tagged *. Please see the interactive map for household bios and family trees. Comments are welcome both here on the blog and on the SimBasic thread at the thesims3 forum. Even if there won't be more updates, I will still read your commnts.

Find all my stories and Sims projects gathered at my blog, Simmerville's Sims :)

I hope you will enjoy the read! :-)

July 17, 2011

New Sims project

I know I shouldn't start this project because it will be quite time consuming, but all simmers out there will know that when sim related ideas start spinning, there is no escape. And when I start something, I always complete it.

SimBasic is a project where I intend to build a new smalltown community from scratch. A place with a history where I will find my future legacy family. I want to go all the way from the first settlers making a living from nada, to a smalltown including most of the job opportunities, services and - yep, even electricity!

I do want to reach a populated smalltown within a year or so, meaning technical development must speed up. My rough plan is 1st generation living very primitively, 2nd generation being allowed to buy anything not requiring energy/electicity/fuel, and when the 3rd generation reaches adulthood I hope the smalltown will be forming as a rather modern community. Until then staying alive will not be the only challenge, but reproduction when most candidates are related will also be a huge challenge. One single child being the wrong gender might ruin it all. If SimBasic reaches 3rd generation, this should become a lot easier, but might still need detailed planning. More about the population plan later.

Starting this Fall, the first 4 sim couples will arrive the untouched land to found the new community. But first there will be a short introduction of the participants, and HOW they got tricked into this place... ;-)

I'll post random updates to a SimBasic thread on the general discussion forum over at thesims3.com. Some might also remember my Simmerville hood from TS1 and TS2, as well as the SIMbepi3 tales. I hope you will enjoy my new project!

Simmerville
(happy simmer)

1 comment:

  1. I just found this project/blog. :) Sounds fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment, or even suggest stuff to be added/done. Can also be done on the thesims3 forum.